Dustin and I did sealings at the Las Vegas Temple on Saturday. We only had about an hour so we checked in with the sealing office and were directed to a room. We handed our piece of paper with our name written on it to the sealer and waited for our turn. Only a few minutes and we were called to position. The sealer asked how we pronounce our name and we sound it out for him. He starts calling us the Wohlgemoose's. Ok, no big deal. Still pretty close. He makes it through the list and calls another couple up.
When our turn came again, he again asks us how to pronounce our name. We sound it out again and he gets some help from a one of the other men in the room. Still doesn't quite get it and calls us the Ohlgemuths. Closer but no cigar. That deteriorates to the Olgemonts. Then to the Olmonts and finally to the Lamonts. I can't look at Dustin because he's trying to make me laugh and I can't look at the sealer because I'll crack up so I just look down and pretend I'm listening very closely to the words. And miss my cue.
So, we are now the Lamonts and it is certainly easier to learn to spell.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Charlotte Lamont....well, it does have a nice ring to it. :)
hello!! how are you all? Glad to see your blog. We just started one too. its ksgunderson7.blogspot.com
Post a Comment