
Alex lost his first tooth tonight. Well, he didn't so much as lose it as I yanked it out after listening to him complain about how much it hurt to eat the grilled sandwiches and tomato soup I made for dinner.
It had been a little wiggly for months but it decided today was the day it was going to make a break for it and go all out. It wiggled and giggled for a few hours until we had dinner and then I promised Alex a fudgcicle if he'd let me pull it out.
A few harder wiggles, a few little pulls and out it came! We put it into a small bowl to be rinsed off and he spent the next ten minutes asking how much the tooth fairy will give him for it. I told him fifty cents for a front tooth was about right. He wanted fifty dollars to get a new Wii game. That's grandpa's territory.
All night he did that thing with the tongue when you've lost a tooth...carefully exploring the open territory and tasting the tangy hint of blood on the hole. I asked if he was the last kid in his kindergarten class to lose a tooth and he immediately said yes. Just in time for his friend's birthday party on Saturday! A brand new hole to show off...what every kid wants!

1 comment:
oh the fun of losing a tooth. My dad always wanted to pull ours out, but I didn't trust him enough. :)of course he was never nice enough to bribe us w/ a fudgescicle, your an awesome mom! lol :)
andrea (ryan's wife)
Post a Comment