Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Busy month. I should have pictures galore to update with the next post. The new house, Halloween, our anniversary cruise and anything else thats cute. For now, all you get is words.

The house is great! The move was fairly easy but it would have been much easier to pretend we were moving farther away and didn't take smaller loads over. It would have been a better idea to buy more boxes and box everything up instead of boxing, driving across the street, unpacking and bringing the boxes back. Next time...

Its wonderful having a ton more room though! Alex was upset his room wasn't set up the way he wanted so we'll rearrange that and probably end up painting the guest room even though we swore it was just our room and the office. But now the rooms we didn't paint don't look nearly as good as the ones we did. We're awesome painters but its freaking hard work! The kitchen is almost put away, the living room looks great, alex's room is done except for moving some things and our room is almost done. The guest room and office aren't put together yet but those are different.

Halloween was fun. We attended our ward Trunk or Treat and discovered that the mummy costume I made wasn't very well made. Its easier to buy a costume when you don't sew very well...or at all... I made Alex divy up his candy to share.

Next week marks our one year anniversary! To celebrate, we're taking a short weekend cruise to the Bahamas. Its supposed to rain on Saturday when we have our kayak and snorkel excursion. I'll have to remember to pack a light jacket because even when its 80 degrees, its cold when you're wet. Let's all pray for the rain to go away. Even chant that song from when we were kids!

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!
COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY! Like when we're not on a second honeymoon. That'd be great.

Everything else? I'm not touching the election except to say that Alex pronounces Barack Obama's name as O'rourke Obama. Like he's Irish.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! I didn't know you guys were moving OR that you were headed to the Bahamas week. I hope you have a super fun time.

jlbunting.com said...

wow, you have been busy. We will have to come check out your new house!

Charlotte & Dustin said...

We totally have room for guests now! An entire room for guests with a door and everything. Come visit!