Alex has been having a wiggly front tooth for a few weeks now. This last week it had made it to the really gross, lays flat when you eat, can't brush around it stage but he refused to let me pull it out. He wanted a tooth box from school. I told him he had until Wednesday for it to fall out on its own or I was yanking it. It completely squicked me out watching him eat.
Last night, I got home from Stake Super Temple Day and that tooth was hanging by a thread. I offered to pull it, promised it wouldn't hurt, pinky promised it wouldn't hurt and said he could have an ice cream sandwich if it did hurt. He finally said ok and even said he'd be honest about the pain. What a trooper!
Approximately five seconds later, the tooth was in my hand and he hadn't even noticed it being pulled. No ice cream sandwich for him. Poor guy but he was indeed honest. He almost got one anyway but it was almost bedtime and we had to get the tooth ready for the tooth fairy. He woke up this morning with a couple of shiny quarters to show for his efforts.
Meanwhile, I'm doing ok. There are good days and bad days and sometimes I'll be fine for a few days and then something will hit me. No idea on when we'll start trying again. The thought of going through the first trimester again exhausts me so we'll see what happens.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. This loss has hit me a lot harder then the others. We are still waiting on the chromosomal testing. The pathological test came back with no new information but the upside to that is, it didn't say it was related to my clotting issues. I'll probably be on an increased blood thinner dosage next time as a precaution but chances are good everything will be ok.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations to Alex on being such a brave boy, and getting money from the tooth fairy is always cool.
I hope things will continue to improve for you. My prayers are with you.
We think of you often and you are all in our prayers. You are doing all the right things, so keep them up. The blessings will come. love you Aunt MJ
Post a Comment